Monday, March 4, 2019

Game pause on Dota 2 needs changes


Game pause on Dota 2 needs some changes. Like you I am also an avid gamer. I play a lot of games, mostly desktop games. I been playing Dota 2 for a while but before that I was also a player on Dota 1 or Dota rather. It was fun to play along with your buddies.

Dota 2 is an improve version of the Dota right? If so, then why developers did not update how the game pause works. This game feature needs some changes or updates.



This game pause feature must be updated and must have this following rules.

  • Pausing the game require 2 yes (vote). To prevent accidental game pause, the game must ask for permission/vote to pause the game.
  • Once a player hit/press "Game Pause", other players (enemy or team) cannot un-pause the game quickly. A countdown timer must show that prevents other players and even the one who pause the game to un-pause it until 40 seconds past. This will give the disconnected user enough seconds to reconnect minimizing gap on both levels and gold making the game fair.
I know that this "Game pause" is a privilege and not a right. But come on players, it won't hurt so much waiting for 30 seconds or 40 right. You were able to wait for your girls even they stayed too long in the dressing room right? Just saying.

Well, this could be a selfish request for me but other players loss interest in the game when they are not complete. Let's wait for a few seconds shall we?

I had this experience before when I was playing with my buddies on a computer shop (Cyber Shop), another player turn of my AVR (automatic voltage regulator) thus turning off my computer. I got angry because it took a while before the computer completely boot-up. My buddies pause the game so I can go back in the game without so much gaps (levels and gold) but this Game Pause feature is not helpful since the other team were able to resume the game and that is very frustrating.

Please share this blog to Dota 2 forums or to your buddies. I hope Dota 2 devs can read this article of mine. This might be a good feature.

Be well guys and thank you spending a moment of your time reading this article, please share to let other players know this. I'm positive this can help the game for the better. Thank you.



Source:
Link 1

1 comment:

  1. I had this issue before. Really good idea. Though you cannot just let other players wait right. They have that privilege. I hoping steam is reading this.

    ReplyDelete