Thursday, March 7, 2019

Playing Dota 2 on Low Graphics Settings


Welcome back again. I play Dota 2 on a Low Graphics Settings and it's  super fine, it's awesomely okay. I don't really mine the texture of the characters and stuff; I just want to be able to play this action packed game like other gamers do even with my old model desktop.

Not everyone of us is rich being able to buy high specs desktop or high-end laptops. Lucky for us with regular gamers who only have a medium end specs desktop Dota 2 has been kind to us providing an option for us to play Dota 2 on a lower graphics settings.



My internet connection also is not fast enough. I only have 1Mbps connection speed. One thing I like with Dota 2 is that they have option for users with slow internet connection which helps a lot.

In terms of quality it is really best to play on a higher settings to feel the game deeply.
Is there a really big difference on animation/texture? Well, yeah. I'll show both images with lower settings and higher settings.

Image below is a screen shot of Vengeful in lower graphics setting.


The image below is a screen shot of Vengeful in higher graphics setting.

Can you spot the difference? If not, then you have problems in your eyes.
Playing in high graphic setting increases the intensity of the game while playing in low graphic settings feels boring but a real gamer can make exception.

One of other reason why I play in this mode is that I can tune or select low power management profile for my desktop saving or using less power thus saving a fraction of electricity. In windows we have this "Power Saver, Balance, High Performance" settings.

When your playing with high graphic setting then you need to select high performance in your power profile to maximize your desktop output.

I want to save electricity as much as possible and by playing on lower graphic setting I can select the "Power Saver" profile on windows power management. The downside of this is that I cannot use another CPU hungry app like Google Chrome or any Chromium base browser.

I don't have any trouble playing in lower setting mode so far and I will continue playing on this mode. Thats all, thank you for reading this uninteresting article. Happy gaming.


No comments:

Post a Comment